If you’ve never watched the Disney Channel’s cartoon “Phineas and Ferb” stop what you’re doing and get ready for the most satisfying binge-watching experience of your life.
No. Really. Stop what you’re doing. This cartoon is seriously that good! I can’t tell you how many life lessons I’ve learned by watching this show. Well, actually I can tell you. And I’m going to. It’s my blog and I can do what I want.
But really…you need to stop what you’re doing and make Netflix your life priority right now. You’ll thank me later.
If I were to list every life lesson Phineas and Ferb have taught me, I’d break the internet so instead, I’m just going to list my top 10 (in no particular order):
10. – Music makes everything better! The song-writers on this show deserve an award. I mean just listen to some of the titles: “Squirrels in my pants”, “My Nemesis”, “Phinedroids and Ferbots”, “Funky Noises in the Bathroom”…you know what? The titles don’t even do them justice.Except for that last one. Kind of like taking a picture of a beautiful sunset and then showing it to somebody and they are all like, “Yup. It’s a sunset.” Just go to iTunes and take a listen. You won’t be disappointed!
9. – Carpe Diem! Each day the two main characters (Phineas and Ferb), who are half brothers, come up with something fun and original to do. There comes a time in each episode, right at the beginning, when Phineas has a stroke of genius and says, “Ferb, I know what we’re going to do today!”. Then they actually go out and do amazing things!
8. – Busy-bodies suck! Phineas and Ferb’s sister, Candace, is constantly trying to find ways to bust the boys for their shenanigans. Don’t get me wrong, I actually think she is one of the funniest characters, but eventually when is she gonna learn to just chill out. Life could be so much more if only she’d let it!
7. – Platypus’ are awesome. If you haven’t seen the show, you’re gonna have to trust me on that one.
6. – Panda’s aren’t as innocent as China would have us believe. You know what I’m talking about Peter the Panda from Seattle!
5. – Beneath every bully there is a kind, gentle soul just waiting to be set free. Ah, Buford….
4. – Unrequited love is real. Just ask Isabella. Poor, poor Isabella.
3. – A picture may be worth 1,000 words, but sometimes a look is all you need. Right, Ferb? Right, Perry? They know what I’m talking about! (If you don’t, then pick up on my not so subtle vague references here and go check this show out already!)
2. – Who wants pie? This guy! Seriously, pie should be served more often!
1. – Evil isn’t always…well evil! Sometimes it’s just misunderstood. I love ya’ Doof!
Okay, why are you still reading this? Shouldn’t you be checking out Phineas and Ferb for yourself?
My list is paltry, but I look forward to hearing about the lessons you’ve learned from this show of shows!